...the Wise, the Witty, and the Waste of your time...

Monday, April 16, 2007

New Job...yes, again.

So uh, today I started my new job. No I'm not repeating my post of 3 weeks ago, I started a new, new job. My last day as cashier was Friday and my first day at my new job was today, Monday.

I'm quite excited about it. I definitely felt like a bad person quitting so soon on my first new job but the second new job is something I think will be better. The institution I'm working for is basically social work, assisted living, home care....something like that. We work with all disabled people and the variety of disabilities is pretty broad. Today for "work" I sat and talked to the clients, cheered them on as they had pool tournament, served them hotdogs, and then watched a movie with them. I'm getting paid for this!

I think working with these people will be really good for me. They so genuine and unjudging, two things that need huge help in my life.

I'm only starting as relief so I don't expect too many hours, at least not right away. But for the time being thats perfect because school takes plenty of time. And to fill up space there are two cute, well mannered children I babysit. What more could I ask for?

2 comments:

ruth said...

oh man, i was just coming here to leave some sarcastic comment about how you needed to update your blog. darn you carolyn!

Anonymous said...

Hi There, It is nice to hear something new from you...
Hey, Nate and Whit and Donny and Serena are planning a trip out here in May... Of course, you guys should come down here at the same time...? You wouldn't want to miss such a great chance to meet Katelyn. ~Diana