...the Wise, the Witty, and the Waste of your time...

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Update or Bust!

Last night I had my usual Saturday night computer marathon. I stay up way too late while Justin sleeps wherever he fell when he could no longer keep his eyes open and I grab my tooth brush and head off the computer "for a few minutes." By the time I've checked my school updates, facebook, hotmail, myspace, blog, gmail, played all my turns at scrabulous, and update on everyone else's blogs; it's the wee hours of the morning, I've swallowed all my toothpaste, and Justin is in a coma. And I wonder why I feel like warmed up leftovers by Monday morning.
Anyway, my point is...as I was browsing the usual blogs I stumbled upon Nini Lettner's... a wonderful person we met at Capernwray. And of course one leads to another and soon I found a host of Capernwray bloggers! I read/snooped for over an hour and found myself getting quite irritated at the blogs that hadn't been updated in weeks or months. Ahem. Sorta like mine. So I resolve to do better. I will henceforth blog...every....um...chance I find! There, thats not to strict a commitment. I think I can follow through on this one. Heck I don't even have kids, I should be able to do this!
By the way, the most serious drawback to this midnight blogging is that our computer is in our entry and our entry doesn't have heat and I am frozen solid by the time the clock strikes 1am. It takes about 30 minutes to thaw my feet on Justin's legs!:) Lucky him!

8 comments:

Martha A. said...

I have been checking......no life here for awhile! It is good to see you have not frozen yet! Nice to hear from you!

J Matt Miller said...

I miss my blog as well, I also miss knitting, sewing, reading a book in less then two weeks, peeing without some little person kicking the door and yelling, "what are you doing, Mom", shaving my legs more then once a week, wearing makeup and fingernail polish, dates with hubby, you get the idea. I am starting to think differently about a nanny, like maybe a part time nanny would be nice. Actually I would would pay handsomely just for someone to do all the laundry. I think we need to start immigration papers for Cananda...

Martha A. said...

Diana, you are hilarious, but sadly so true! Some people get to shave their legs more than once a week? People go on dates with their husbands? They go to the bathroom without rushing through the task because if they are not at the door, you wonder what they are doing?
As far as the books....that is the one thing I have not given up, but I find I miss things in books more now than I used to as I am reading in snatches!

Nini said...

Hi Carolyn! I must say, I am honored to have gotten a shout out on your blog! Thanks! I have added you to mine, so that means you HAVE to update it quite regularly.

Perhaps you should write a blog about how great you are. You can write about how great Justin is too...and even better...how better you are together. You could always put a sound clip of the song that he wrote and sang for mine and Markus' wedding...that was the best.

Hope you are well...you should come visit us...we have space, and are just two blocks from the beach...come, come, come.

hailey said...

How did I not know YOU have a blog too. Oh this is crazy! I'm happy I stumbled upon it!!! How's Canada treating you? We are almost neighbors now you know...by like 3 hours or more...

Almost neighbors.

p.s. I like that pic of you and Justin on the side of your blog. You guys should model.

Hailey

Nini said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nini said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Moriah said...

So I'm not the only one who uses my husband as a heater for my ice-cold feet!!! I'm probably also one of the guilty that doesn't update my blog often...sigh. :-)