...the Wise, the Witty, and the Waste of your time...

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Australia at last!

Without further ado....here are the pictures....

As we had intended, we spent every sunny day here...at the beach.
Justin and Brad, before the first surf!These guys are so passionate about this sport. If they're not in the waves, they're constantly watching them.See what I mean. They would actually get out of bed at 6:30 or 7:00 to go look at the waves before breakfast! Rain or shine, waves or no waves, they were out there every day!And here's me and my brief moment of dedication. Homework.

We got to go camping for two days. Lots of fun. Not smoking hot...or altogether without rain...but fun nevertheless.
This was the only ax we had in camp.We had a great idea of roasting potatoes in the fire. Boy did we ever roast them. Those aren't briquets, those are potatoes...well done. Actually they were delicious, we just couldn't eat the outside inch of charcoal.

We had a fabulous little portable Bialetti espresso maker that made amazing camp lattes (complete with ash sprinklings) and best of all...Tim Tam Slams. Mmmmmmm I like this picture because it looks like Steph is rearranging a wedgie (lets assume she's not!) and Brad is mid-bite. This is me.
This is a very large bird. These guys are so huge!!See...it's as big as me!!
The blow hole. Pretty cool actually!!
Yes this is a huge bowl of shrimp remains. They were tasty but I couldn't get past the little legs....ugh...
Happy Valentines Day to us! We had our dinner at like 10pm!
For our cigarette butts.
We actually saw these real live kangaroos in the wild. And by "we" I mean the guys, not me personally.
But I did see these at the zoo!! I'd never actually seen a joey in a pouch before!! SO cute!!
"Hello? Is this thing on? "See look, I even fed them. It looks quite harmless in this picture but after we fed these little guys we got 'mobbed.' Hehe Now I know why they use that term! They jumped up on us and shoved us around. Greedy little jerks.
I know posting pictures of zoo animals is really very silly because you don't care. But these are particularly cute pictures so I will post them anyway!
My question is this, how can a camel, a HUGE camel, survive on grass and leaves? I'm about 1/3 its size and I would die. Where do they get their protein? Don't they NEED protein? Can someone answer these questions?
We got to pet one of these...i would have posted that picture but um....I'm waiting for a certain friend of mine to send it to me. I won't mention any names but it begins with "st" and rhymes with "befinee."
Cute? Or just creepy?
I know this isn't actually a lemur but all I could think of watching this thing is "I like to move it move it!"

I think this video is great!

I know I should be ashamed of myself and I am just a little. But let me tell you that in the midst of 24 hours of airports and airplanes in the wee hours of the morning....this was the funniest thing I'd ever seen in my life. I probably laughed for an hour! Just where are we supposed to place our order?

And if you want to see even more...go here... http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee156/Cairli/

7 comments:

Stephanie and Brad said...

Nice pics Carolyn- although I have seen them all before, it's nice to see them in blog form! Your lovely koala picture is somewhere- I do believe it's on the memory card of the camera that took on salt water- therefore not loaded onto the computer. Oh, and just for the record, I was SO picking a wedgie in that picture and totally on drugs in that other one at Chilis. Important to get the truth out there! :)

Nini said...

Great pics Carolyn! You need to blog more. You are a well full of wit and brilliance. Hope you and your hubby are doing well!

Anonymous said...

Yay! your pictures! Looks like you had fun...looks like I was bored when we were camping but really I was loving not having anything in particular I had to do except maybe brush my teeth...maybe.

Martha A. said...

Nice pictures....speaking of how that camel survives, did you know there is a camel that lives here? I would love to know how it survives!!!
It is a desert animal!!!

Christy and Dustin said...

These are great. I love that last photo. LOVE IT! Why are butt cracks so funny?
I dunno either but they ARE!

Pastor Greg said...

That last photo should be illegal!!! I cannot believe you would violate our eyes like that! lol. it was pretty hilarious though.. Shalaunda (my black mom):)would have walked past him and said BUTTCRACK! very loudly. hahaha...thanks for the laugh today.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.