...the Wise, the Witty, and the Waste of your time...

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The windy city...

Has anyone watched that old old Calamity Jane musical from ages ago? At one point in the movie they burst into an energetic tap dance singing routine about "goin' down to the windy city" which was Chicago if I remember right. Anyway, that song keeps going through my head when I look at these pictures.
We don't live in a particularly windy place but in the two years we've lived here we've had a few massive wind storms. Like, power out and roofs flying off houses and trees uprooting all over the place, smashing through cars and houses, and our garbage can lid disappearing, never to be seen again- kind of massive windstorms.
In the first picture it wasn't even the big storm and I was actually afraid of being blown off the mountain. I'm not holding on to the post and my headband just to be cool, I'm holding on to keep from flying off!



Check this out. Someone's tree went down and the root system neatly picked up the yard and peeled it back like and orange!


For the surfing nuts this looks somewhat like a wave and provides a beautiful photo op of being inside the barrel...sort of.



Look at that...he's totally surfing in his mind!



Apparently the owner came out as they were enjoying his mess of a yard and he was decidedly unexcited about both the yard and the hooligans on his yard! I have to admit, I can't help but be on his side just a little. This does NOT look like an easy fix.

2 comments:

J Matt Miller said...

One of these days we are actually going to come up there and see where you live.......................
Also, We are reserving you guys for Thanksgiving...giving you an early heads up. Krystal is planning on coming so I want as much of the family as possible to congregate. ~Diana

Krystal said...

Hey! Are you still alive?! Because I haven't heard from you in forever and after this post I am wondering if perhaps you lost your grip on the pole and went flying off into space! Just kidding, I know I have been no better at keeping touch! You should be proud of me though, I have finally started a blog! Check it out. I will try to keep it updated and will figure out how to put pictures up soon.
Love you!