...the Wise, the Witty, and the Waste of your time...

Monday, March 16, 2009

Week 20 and sort of 21

The past weeks have flown by without me documenting my growing girth so here are a few random shots. They're all I have for weeks 20 and 21.

I "needed" grapenuts so I here I am Sunday evening, grinding and toasting!


You can kinda see the expansion in this one...which could of course it could be due to that massive piece of Cream puff cake that I'm shoveling down but that's hardly the point. And ps. you should make this recipe. It's delicious!

People keep telling me that I'm showing but they tack "but surely you haven't gained any weight!" I am here to tell you that that is garbage.

If I haven't gained any weight then why the frick are my clothes so uncomfortable!? Seriously. I've had a few meltdowns in the past week because I stand in front of my closet and see nothing but "tight," "short," and "won't go past my hips," ...so if you see me wearing Justin's sweats and t-shirts, wisely don't say a word. I'm still squeezing into a few regular pants but the baby kicks and kicks when I wear them so I can't help but feel like I'm squishing it! I intend to mosey in to town this week to find just one pair of pants that are black, stretchy, and can be worn with anything. Surely, surely they exist somewhere in my size.

Speaking of my size. I have very kindly been lent and given a number of maternity items for which I am very grateful...but this maternity body so far doesn't seem to made for maternity clothes. What is with that? Everything either slides down or creeps up...all the better to expose those parts of me that have expanded significantly to make room for baby and its aquatic home. Actually, I'm not sure why the derier is expanding, there's no baby in there as far as I know.

I'm thinking that maternity wear from days gone by don't look so bad.

Imagine how comfy this would be...minus the collar. You could hide a full grown person under there! Actually several, one in each sleeve!

7 comments:

Moriah said...

Here's something I discovered...very few people actually fit properly in maternity clothes. When I was pregnant with Eric I ended up shopping in the jr section for low rise pants with elastic band. Everything else was like enormous!!! It's like maternity suddenly equals big and tall. And my best friend became the velour pant. I probably wear them places I shouldn't!!! So you wear all the sweats you want. I am ballooning up so much faster with this one and already not fitting in my clothes!!!

Anonymous said...

If you ever wore a dress like that I would break out into hysterical laughter with the appropriate tears. Then of course I would calm down and tell you that you looked amazing ;)

J Matt Miller said...

You look very cute. Curvy and cute. I like the pregnant shape. Maternity clothes are pretty wretched. Have you looked at old navy or gap maternity? Can you get that in Canada. Some of there clothes are cute and they won't break the bank. I wish you could come eat grapenuts at my house. I made two recipes the other day.
All I have to say about the old maternity dress is "hot and scratchy"! ~Diana

Krystal said...

The Dress is hot. I bet you could go to a museum somewhere and find one. Really, I think you should. lol. But you look incredibly cute, sweatpants or not.
You and Justin need to get the move over because I think I am going to escape to Canada this summer. Canadians like massages don't they? If not, you could just pay me to be your doula. :)

Martha A. said...

Maternity clothes are terrible!!! You know though, you look prety cute in all those pictures so I am not sure what you are talking about= )

I am so short that maternity shirts were like mini dresses on me....not cute at all! I ended up buying regular clothes the last time that were normally too big for me and it worked....what is with the behind expanding? I don't get why it has to happen.
I guess they say that is where the fat deposits are for nursing....so you just can say you are storing food for the baby there!

Anyhow, I think it is funny.....most people when they think they need grapenuts would wonder what you mean by grinding and toasting....I miss homemade grapenuts! It has been awhile! I think that I should make some!

Erin said...

maternity clothes tip...get a good pair of black yoga pants and some long tight tshirts and cardigans. i bought all my stuff at target and it pretty much lasted me til the end...almost...until i turned into a cow in month 9. then you'll be ready to wear the silly tent stuff. you look adorable though!

Krystal said...

I saw the cutest dress at target the other day. I was wanting to try it on, until I saw it was maternity! It was cuter than any of the regular dresses! Once I get some money I just might send you a package with some cute stuff. Do they have target in CA? You should really check it out.