...the Wise, the Witty, and the Waste of your time...

Thursday, October 15, 2009

More To Love

I know that it's been a solid year since I've posted anything other than baby/Justin related items....but I feel I should just take a moment and talk about Costco.

I love Costco. I do. I really love Costco. There are dozens of reasons why...and they all come in bulk for an incredible price! I don't shop at Costco often because the nearest one is about 45 minutes away but when I get the chance to go; I fall in love all over again.

How much do I love it...let me count the ways...

It's clean. I love that it is always clean. They don't even have germs. And if there is ever a spill or a mess or restocking happening; they tape it off like a crime scene, complete with guards! This is how seriously they take it and I am ever so grateful! None of this repulsive digging through the milk gallons to find the one with the least amount of smelly milk dripping from it. They are clean and dry thank you very much.

I love that the aisle are wide. I know that we live in a fast paced society and most of us need to just chill (blah blah) already but come on! These grocery stores with the 2 foot aisles are an abomination! I've nearly chewed my bottom lip off while being stuck behind Thrifty Jane as she deliberates between the 685 types of tea. "Hmmm...should I go for the sale or Presidents Choice...sale....or Presidents choice.....$.10 difference...should I splurge...lets give it a sniff...hmmm....Presidents Choice........sale......" MOVE OVER AND LET ME PASS GOSHDARNIT WOMAN! I've never said that, I just think it, tears of frustration stinging my eyes!

And I love, it goes without saying, the samples. I'm never going to buy the items so I always feel a measure of guilt as I sample every one but you know what- they offer so I'll never refuse. Besides, it sometimes saves us money because I won't have to buy something to eat since I went racing out the door (fast paced society) and forgot to pack a lunch.

I love that the employees are tidy and oddly, clean. It must be in the Policies and Procedures Manual...must shower within 4 hours of starting work. I'm not kidding, if you've never noticed, pay attention next time. They're always clean. And they have nice hair. Also not kidding. (Oddly enough...so do their customers.)

I love that the cashiers are fast. Seriously, I've never ever ever gotten the cashier who wants to stand and talk about her cats while holding a bag of oats. You know the kind, you can't make eye contact while they're talking because you're staring at their hands, willing them to just "swipe the bar code while you talk....just swipe the bar code...come on hands....move across the scanner...." Nope, not at Costco...those ladies can talk and move in one motion and they get it done in record time! It's amazing.

I love it that their products are almost always the best. I mean you can just count on it. I did buy a huge set of pens, pencils, and markers once that are....well, not amazing exactly. But luckily all 130 only cost about $2 so I'm still ahead of the game.

Which brings me to...the prices. I love the prices. Did you know you can buy 6 boxes of Arm and Hammer baking soda for like, $7? I mean, you're saving about $7 and you'll have some left over to pass on to your grandkids. Why buy one mustard when you can get THREE for less? Same with pickles, and razors, and garbage bags! Their pack of garbage bags lasted us for THREE YEARS!

I even kinda love it that they have those 'guards' deep in discussion at the exit who put the little slash on the receipt. I don't have the slightest clue what on earth they're doing because they don't even look at the receipt or the cart but it makes the experience complete for me. It's like the bow on top of a present.

A huge present. With three of everything shrink wrapped into individual packages. For less.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

So I've totally been lurking here forever and have decided Costco worthy of the "de-lurk" (not that the birth of a beautiful little girl wasn't I was just PMS' I guess. Wow, maybe that's to much to share on a first comment. Sorry :) ) Anyways, I too love Costco. I love that they Christmas in August, and kids books that are stupid cheap and well, yes I love the samples. The guys at the door I'm pretty sure are there for comedic relief, we have one here in the Valley who draws characters on the receipts, sometimes smiling, laughing, frowing or crying. He's great, holds up the line a little but makes me usually keep my receipt for a week.

Anyways, Hi! I'm here reading.

J Matt Miller said...

I Heart Costco! The man as you leave is great. If we have all 5 kids with us then he will draw 5 individual smileys on the reciept. We saved a Costco reciept because of the art work... The guy drew a face of a man with sunglasses but it totally looked like a nude woman. That was all that we could see and we laughed till we were sick.
I love all the organic choices... I could go on. ~Diana

Krystal said...

Costco was always my favorite stop when it was finally MY turn to go to Kalispell with mom. The samples and huge piles of books in the middle were always my favorite!!

Martha A. said...

I love Costco too, but our guards at the door careful examine our carts and count the kids and when we don't come with all of them she asks "Where are your brothers?"

I love how clean and wide aisles are too!!! I never go to Walmart anymore because there are too many people and too skinny aisles!