...the Wise, the Witty, and the Waste of your time...

Monday, January 10, 2011

Down dog

I've been hearing such positive things about yoga lately that I decided I'd ease my way back into being active with some prenatal yoga.



One library stop later and I was armed for the task. This morning I stuck in the dvd and was doing my best to keep my shaky legs rooted and my chest lifted. My mind was relaxed, my breathing slow and steady, and my eyes closed.....when the corner of a dvd case came slamming down onto my skull!! My eyes flew open to meet a guilty pair of baby blues about 2 inches from my face and a relaxed yoga session quickly turned into a contortionist dance as I stormed around trying to ease the throbbing cranium!

So my word of advice is this: no matter how much you love your toddler, even if you'd give your life for theirs in a heartbeat, NEVER do the down dog with your eyes closed if this toddler is awake and on the loose! It is a lose lose situation in every way!

3 comments:

Moriah said...

LOL I had to laugh when I read this. I've been there so many times!!! I have totally given up on exercising when there is a toddler awake. If he's not climbing on me during sit-ups, or hanging on my leg during squats, he's trying to climb on the wii board while I'm using it to work out!

Nap time is the magical time!

Matt and Diana + 6 said...

I love that you are doing yoga. I love that I am doing yoga. I wish we could do it together. We could lock all our toddlers and above into a room and do yoga without being assaulted! ~Diana

Martha A. said...

This reminded of whenever I would lay on my back to do crunches or other types of exercise and had one or more boys jump on my stomach.....not fun!!!!
It is probably that that got me in the habit of sneaking to exercise.