...the Wise, the Witty, and the Waste of your time...

Monday, February 21, 2011

I Like Her

She's a somewhat uncooperative nut but I just love her.

Untitled from Carolyn Wiebe on Vimeo.



Between doing nearly fulltime daycare and a recent housesitting/childcare week, it has been well over two weeks since Justin and I had a day to spend with just Evanie so this weekend was a real treat. She ignored her toys and followed us around and "helped" with everything. She loves to carry folded laundry for mama, empty the silverware from the dishwasher, ask daddy "what's that?" about everything he touches, vacuum beside me (she has her own plastic vac....best $.99 I ever spent!!), hold the dustpan for mama, throw away random carpet fuzzies in the "dabidge" , and sample everything I chop while making dinner.

She also delights in sitting ON my feet whenever I'm working in the kitchen. I can't decide if I'm more annoyed or more thrilled, it's a good mix of both. How many people love you so much that they'd rather sit on your feet all afternoon then go play with their 8 boxes of toys!?

After bathtime on Saturday evening we introduced her to the vice that is McDonalds icecream cone. She was SO excited! (And I was up with a killer stomach ache for hours. Dam dairy!) And although she's not much of a cuddler I got so many kisses and hugs and cuddles this weekend that I know she enjoyed having mom and dad to herself for 2 days! This morning she woke up with a fever at 5am and who can resist a tiny little voice asking, " 'ay down, mommy an' daddy?" So we cuddled some more!

5 comments:

Nini said...

She is ridiculously lovely! I want to meet her.

Martha A. said...

It is so nice to have your own fan club isn't it?

Krystal Kaye said...

she is sooo stinking cute! Stop making me want to have kids! That's not in my life plan for at least another 5 or 6 years but videos like these....

Krystal Kaye said...

oops, I think I just posted the same comment like five times. Sorry.

Shelley said...

Oh my! she is too too cute, I had to watch it twice and call hubbie over to watch as well.
How old is she now? shes doing very well with her talking. xo