...the Wise, the Witty, and the Waste of your time...

Monday, September 12, 2011

A Flibbertajibbit

Evanie is in quite the testing stage. Her current theory seems to be that everything that comes out of mom's mouth must be tested. She's gone through explosive, tantrum-y stages but this one is quite silent and determined. A perpetual state of "oh yeah? Make me."

Oh I will child. BRING it!

But thankfully the days are also liberally peppered with heart breaking sweetness to keep the insanity at bay. She is a passionate singer and dancer. Nearly every day begins with, "mommy I need a skirt (sounds more like skyit), I wan ta dance mommy!"

And then there is all the love she gives little Marlowe. She is smitten with her little sister and constantly planting huge slobbery kisses all over her head. She bounces her in her bouncy chair, rocks her in her carseat, and praises her constantly for anything from smiling to just moving her arms.



Phrases we hear a lot are:
"Good job baby girl! (sounds more like gee-al)
You did it Marlowe -bear! (Her nickname)
HI squirmy legs!
Marlowe you crazy gee-al!
Ow baby ow. You have scratchy hands!
It's ok. It's ok baby gee-al. You need some milk? Ok!"


First bath together!

All of these come out in screechy pitches only dogs can hear, usually about 2 millimeters from Marlowe's eye ball! I love it. Oddly enough, so does Marlowe. She smiles more consistently for Evanie then anyone else!


Look at the identical mouths in this pictures.

She is also loves to jump/bounce everywhere and is as distract-able as a puppy. I always think of the words from The Sound of Music: "A flibbertajibbit, a will of a whisp, a clown..." She recently watched a hula show and has a current obsession with leis.

Yesterday Evanie was on a time out for some misdemeanor and at the end I went through the customary, "can you tell me why you're on time out." Her answer went something like this, "Don't turn the swing annnnnd.... bonk the......um.....don't....um...it means I love you....cuz I really do...here is my lei...."

I think she really learned that one.


These overalls used to be Justin's!

I was going to update on Marlowe too but she and I have been duking it out for nearly two hours. I put her to sleep, put her down, she wakes up, I put her to sleep....repeat endlessly.

Another day I will update. When she sleeps. This morning that feels like it will actually be another lifetime.

2 comments:

Liz said...

You and Justin make absolutely GORGEOUS babies!!! - Evanie and Marlowe are beautiful in all ways. Happy, Happy, Happy for you!

Martha A. said...

What a funny little girl!! she sounds like she is her mother's daughter!!
Does she try to feed Marlowe her food?