...the Wise, the Witty, and the Waste of your time...

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Ladies and Gentlemen....a poem. This is the last assignment I had in my nutrition course. Thought you might like it. I felt like sharing my abundance of poetic talent. Can't let a thing as good as this go to waste ya know!


BIOFLAVONOIDS

If your wife is bloated and cranky,
Eating chocolate and drowning her hanky
I might be your answer,
As a hormone bal-ancer,
I'm Isoflavonoid. I'm Estrogenic. You'll thank me.

Do your legs look like road maps to Rome?
Have hemorrhoids made you their home?
Is your skin spotted blue;
An ezcema psoriasis zoo?
I'm Bioflavonoid; capillary strengthening, saver of skin tone

I give color and aroma to fruit;
Red and blue is my signature suit.
In citrus I live in the pith.
I'm in grapes, prunes, and rose hipth.
I'm anthocyanin, a flavonoid brilliantly hued.

We're part of the complex - vitamin C,
Enhancing its action. Called Vitamin P.
Don't take us as a supplement,
Raw foods are better nourishment.
We're flavonoids, antioxidants, immunomodulatory.


PS. If you're curious as to what immunomodulatory means (as I was) it means: Capable of modifying or regulating one or more immune functions.

By: Carolyn Wiebe
(with much appreciated help from husband Justin!)

2 comments:

ruth said...

hahaha....very nice carolyn! I'm bloated and cranky and I have no chocolate, can you fix that for me?

Single In The City said...

What? What are these words? You can't write a poem with fake words! Unless your Dr. Suess.