...the Wise, the Witty, and the Waste of your time...

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Moving Day

Justin and I are in our house! Our very own house. I had intended to document the moving day and post pictures but between my dislike for picture taking and the sheer number of things to do, almost no pictures were taken!
Thanks to fantastic friends our move was reasonably painless and quite fun. Friday was The Big Clean. Nobody was exempt from duty. We left the entire lower 2 1/2 feet of all our walls for Danai to clean.

She wasn't as speedy as we would have liked...

...but the cuteness factor got her off easy.
Actually this was her second job. Her first had been "dusting the kitchen cupboards" but she promptly and thoroughly plucked the entire duster and stored its mangled feathers in a drawer... so we reassigned her.

We had a large pizza dinner in the evening with everyone sitting around on an odd assortment of lawn chairs and bar stools and then we set up "camp" in the livingroom, watched an old classic -The Scarlett Pimpernel- and had a group slumber party.


Everyone at our very finest in the morning.







I feel I should be allowed to explain my ridiculous victory/peace/I'm a dork hand sign. In the previous picture, Tianna had whipped out the same V fingers and I, as a true friend, informed her of just how silly I thought she was! To further drive my point home, I then posed as she did. Only afterwards did we realize that she had made the V fingers a second too late and it was not captured on camera, whereas mine in fact, was. So basically, I'm not a dork, Tianna is.

Back to moving day...

Breakfast was a huge pancake and eggs spread thanks to Justin and Brad's excellent skills.
By lunch time, every scrap we owned was moved from the old house to the new.

A huge, huge thank you to all of you who helped us move! Not only did you cut our work load down to a mere fraction, but you made it a very fun weekend!

Justin and I are pretty settled and unpacked and are loving it! Stop by and visit...we'd love to have you!

2 comments:

Krystal said...

That's awesome, it looks like you guys had a blast in the midst of all the work. We were pretty good at doing that at home too...everytime I hear Abba or Celine Dion I think of our "jobs rotating to songs" game we played. lol. You look great though! Can't wait to see baby!

Tianna said...

I don't recall the "peace" occurance quite that way...I mean all the evidence we currently have clearly shows YOU are in fact the dorky one. I mean seriously, if I am as dorky as you make me sound, how can I produce a child as cute as that?


Your Welcome.