...the Wise, the Witty, and the Waste of your time...

Thursday, June 25, 2009

35 Weeks

Updating is such a simple thing but I cannot seem to stay on top of it. It's not that I hate blogging, it's just that it's never ever on the top of my list and it's the first thing I skip when something needs to be skipped. I'm determined to get a little better at it because when the Awesomest Baby Wiebe shows up, its little life needs to be documented regularly for the pack of aunties, uncles, cousins, and grandparents out there!

By the way, if you're reading this and you have a child; then your child is clearly the "awesomest" as well, I have full intentions of being biased toward my own children and support you doing the same for yours!:)


So here's a couple of shots from week 35 even though that's 2 weeks ago. 2 Weeks, I'm finding out, is practically a year in the last few weeks of pregnancy.


I think it's funny that I look bigger or smaller depending on which side of me the camera is.

These pictures were taken at a B&B. We had a gift certificate so we decided to cash in while we were still ahead of the diaper and throw up stage. Funny though, we forgot to think about dinner and were too unmotivated to leave and buy something so we nearly starved. By the time morning came around I was ready to start chewing on the bedposts for some nourishment!


I'm not sure why the smug look but check out my bellybutton. I thought all pregnant bellybuttons became "outies" but mine has pretty much gone flat! Much more so than in this picture even. It's extremely sensitive and would you believe my luck, I got a misquito bite directly on my poor little (actually it's not little at all anymore) bellybutton. I really feel that this was unnecessary!

And can I just say for the record that I think tiny, tiny newborn items are heartbreakingly precious!? I can't stop taking them out of the drawers and just holding them. My mind can't quite wrap itself around the thought of a tiny, tiny newborn child fitting inside them. My mind can't, but my heart can.

7 comments:

J Matt Miller said...

Let me just say that I am so happy that this is not your bedroom. I just couldn't believe that you had such and ugly comforter thing. And the little wall idol thing with a shelf really bugged me as well. So glad to know that you aren't Southwestern in taste.
Baby clothes are so amazing. I cry every time they outgrow something in the first year. Be warned. I know that you have names all picked out but I have a suggestion. Claire- I love that name! Since we don't plan on having anymore then I think someone else in the family has to use it. ~Diana

grace said...

thinking of you and praying for your delivery. cant wait to see pics. grace b

Krystal said...

I love hearing you talk like a mommy. It comes so natural and makes me a little jealous...but I'm not ready for that yet! And Diana, I love that name too so if she doesn't use it, I might! I can't wait to see the awesomest baby Wiebe!! I wish I could come up now and stay until he/she is born!!

Montana said...

Diana, it's a great girls name...but I'm pretty sold on ours. I hope we get to use it some day if not this time around.
Krystal, you SHOULD come and stay until the baby is born! Do it!
Carolyn

Moriah said...

My belly button is SUPER sensitive too!!! When I was pregnant with Eric I actually scratched it pretty bad on some sharp corner so now I have a scar as well.

I suck at blogging but I guess I do have the excuse of having alot of the family close and already updated!!!

Martha A. said...

Awww, you are so cute....and it is fun to think that little Carrot is having a even littler carrot!

Montana said...

Martha, thanks so much for digging up such a dark, painful part of my past. The scars...oh the scars...