...the Wise, the Witty, and the Waste of your time...

Monday, June 11, 2007

The Finished Product.

So this is the long board that was slaved over many late nights. We didn't get pictures of the "making of" process but the intention is to make one for myself sometime this summer as well so I'll try to do better with pictures at that time. Justin took me out on his board a few nights ago and I can see how it would actually be fun once you get the hang of it. I'm never gonna be the kind to look for bigger, longer hills to risk my life on but I'll push myself around. :)


The top of the board. The wave and symbol and outside edge are all wood burned in and the middle stripe, the "runner" is stained.




Everything always has a wave in it. Justin first penciled on the design and then sat for many hours with a tiny woodburning tool.


The 74 symbol has been a favorite for the Reimer and Wiebe brothers for several years now. It stands for "7 for heaven"....the four brothers and the trinity making up the 7. Note also the wave and the cross incorporated.


And the bottom.

No comments: