...the Wise, the Witty, and the Waste of your time...

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

More Pictures

Since I figured out how to post pictures...I might be a little addicted. I took some new pictures of the garden this morning. Justin and I were away for the weekend and coudln't believe how much some things had grown in our 3 day absence. We've also noticed that everything in the center of the garden is noticably taller and greener. When we tilled it this spring there had been a compost pile in that spot...note to self. The best thing was finding raspberries ready to eat....mmmmm-mmmmm! So good.


These roses are picked from our yard.


And the baby's breath is from the jogging trail. There are literally fields of baby's breath.



My lovely little garden. Notice the real growth in the center of the garden!? That cold dark looking window is our livingroom. We shut all the blinds to keep the morning sun out which helps a lot but makes it look like we live in a black hole.



And from the side...


Now the herbs have had a harder time. The ground is much harder on this side of the garden and they've struggled quite a bit...except for the cilantro. It doesn't seem to mind at all.


The opposite end of the garden. See the pea rows on the left. Short short, cute rows. Growing up we had 15 pea rows, each a mile or two long and i HATED them. But mine I love...all 6 feet of them!


We are so looking forward to these ripening!



And last and definitely least, my flower garden. Flowers and me....don't get along. In the back center where it looks like nothing is growing are 3inch snap dragons. I think they've actually SHRUNK since I planted them!! The neighbor has snapdragons a foot high and in full bloom....what am I doing wrong? Seriously, i'm having terrible luck with the flowers. I've come very close to ripping them all out and filling it with wood chips...or compost. Argh! And because this is right beside the front door, every day it irritates me when i'm coming or going.

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Hey Carolyn
I didn't know you had a blog...cool! I'm in Surrey, BC. Where are you guys?

J Matt Miller said...

Maybe it is because your flower bed is in the shade... ~Diana

Teresa said...

Oh, cool! I had no idea you were in Summerland. That't not too far away. I thought you were in Alberta.

Anywho, ya! We should totally all get together for a mini reunion this fall. That would be so fun. I tag you as the official reunion planner :) Hee hee.

Martha A. said...

Beautiful Garden!!! Your mother really taught you that! Maybe Diana is right, it could be because the flowers are in the shade, but I am not the best gardener....flowers or otherwise.