...the Wise, the Witty, and the Waste of your time...

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Too Many Schoolbooks!

I love the school I'm doing, I really do. I'm actually fascinated with things like body systems and vitamins and the healing power in marigolds. For instance, did you know that offensive body odor is usually a sign of poor health, (as well as hygiene) particularly poor "elimination" health? (If you're not eliminating properly your body can reabsorb some waste and try to get rid of it in other ways...like through the skin.) And did you know that white postmenopausal women are most susceptible to osteoporosis, black and white men get it but its far less common, and black women almost never get it?!?! And that you should have a bowel movement 18 hours after every meal. And that strength training actually increases the strength and density of your bones, not just muscles. (Which by the way, decreases the risk of osteoporosis.)
Anyway, I love learning but like any student, sometimes its overwhelming. The reading pile begins to look like a mountain and deadlines invade your dreams. I think one of the many earwigs in our home knows just how I feel. I pulled one of my particularly large books off the shelf the other day and laughed at loud at what I found.




Perfectly pressed. I feel like its too much to handle some days, but for this creepy crawly, it really IS too much! Talk about a big workload!:) Or biting off more than you can chew! Apparently this earwig was quite impressed at the facts about marigolds, osteoporosis, and vitamins as well! muwahaha!







And from the side!! This gives me the giggles every time. I get so tired of these hideous little things coming into our house so it really makes my heart smile to see the rather dramatic end of this particular fiend. I guess this taught him!
I know, I'm very pun-ny.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

lol thats classic! You should laminate him and make a bookmark in remembrance of the way he died.

Martha A. said...

I hate those things.....why do they simply appear sometimes? Ick!
Those things are very interesting! I need to do more strength training as I have all the counts against me that mean I will probably get O. when I older, especially since I was told about 7 years ago when I broke my foot that the one bone looked bad...