...the Wise, the Witty, and the Waste of your time...

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Snow Angels

I want to thank you all for your contributions to the "Good things about Winter" list. I really should print this off and chant it as my mantra each morning. I would be a happier, more balanced winter person; less the snarling, sobbing, pathetic, chocolate crazed beast of years gone by.

Actually, on the top of THIS year's list specifically is the fact that Justin and I get to have a 2 week window of blissful, sunny AUSTRALIAN summer in the middle of the Okanagan winter!! Seriously, IS there anything better?!?!?! This year, it will be "snow" angels on the beach!!! Justin and I have been deliberating on this decision for some time and finally took the plunge. Money shmoney...you only live once! The tickets are paid for and we are already there in our minds. Yesterday Justin was already mentally ticking off a list of things to bring with us!! We get to hang out with some fantastic friends and soak in some much needed sunshine. The anticipation of the trip and the afterglow when we get back should propel me quite nicely through the gray days a'comin'!

6 comments:

Martha A. said...

Wow! that sounds like fun! Have you ever thought that they cannot sing the same Christmas songs that we do? They cannot sing about dashing through the snow at Christmas time!

Martha A. said...

I hear from someone in Austraila sometimes and she said they changed it to something about flip flops....maybe you can learn a new song?
I did a double take at your name when you left a comment, I guess I never heard your last name. I was wondering who it was, until i read your comment!
Diana's is easy since she did not have to change it!

Unknown said...

JEALOUS! But then, I live in California and I didn't even get to go to the beach this summer. :( I don't think people who live in 'summery' areas really do summer stuff that much. Strange.

Jennifer said...

Jealous echos my thoughts as well, but basically I am just thrilled for you. It is one of the top places on Shanw and my list so someday : ) Hope you have a great time, should be quite an uplifting break from colder weather.

Stephanie and Brad said...

Can we say EXCITED about the fact that you guys are coming over? we can't wait.

Martha A. said...

Oh, I was thinking about you and remembering Nathan and I in Oct. standing outside and staring at the ground trying to see if the snowflakes were sticking or not! I have to admit I still love snow, although I still hate driving in it ever since we slid off the road those times.