...the Wise, the Witty, and the Waste of your time...

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

THE BABEEEE!!

Allow me to introduce you to....Baby Wiebe!
Something happened when we got to see our baby chillin' out in my womb. Some parental switch was flicked on and suddenly our baby seems so very real. As I'm washing tiny little (second hand...they were a good deal!!) onsies and sleepers I go completely mushy thinking about how very soon there's going to be little tiny arms, legs, and a wrinkly little bum filling up (or swimming in) these outfits! I cannot wait to hold whoever he or she is! I'm even completely thrilled at the thought of cleaning up its precious little poops!

Look at that darling little profile!! It appears not to have limbs but we're hoping for the best!



Aaawwww looooook.....a hand!! It looked like it was sucking its thumb! It was so relaxed, legs crossed, thumb in the mouth...proof that Justin and I made it. Both of us have been "low motility" since conception as our friends and family can (and will) emphatically attest to!


This picture is my favorite. I'm completely smitten by the fact that our baby has toes. Forget a head, forget the torso.....IT HAS TOES!!


Annnnnd....well....this almost convinces me that aliens DO abduct humans for experiments. In fact, the ultrasound tech called it our alien picture! Not to worry though, the large black hole in its head is actually a GOOD thing because it means it has a brain! Phewf.


I'm slowly becoming more aware of kicks inside me. Every time we get tears and celebrate! I hope I'm not one of those parents that dissolves into tears every time our child gurgles or burps but I probably will be.
I think we may have actually settled on a boy's and a girl's name. It may change in the next 5 months but for now we think we're sure. It's so much fun picking names though that we may stumble upon something we like better by the time we actually find out if we're naming a boy or a girl.
That's all the updates on the baby for now. I missed the 18 wk photo op so I'll be skipping straight to 19 weeks for the next belly update. I'm a tiny bit impatient for it to grow but I should bite my tongue because when the day comes that I can no longer tie my shoes I'm probably going to be shaking my fist at naive 19 week Carolyn.

4 comments:

Krystal said...

Love the updates and pics! Posts like this make me a little envious and start dreaming a little, but then I think of all the responsibility I think I can't handle right now, and Im contentedly single and childless again! I do dream about my wedding though...I've even picked out my dress!
Anyway, that really does look like an alien in the one picture but the others are so clear! Aww. I can't wait to see him/her!

J Matt Miller said...

The feet and hands are precious. So amazing. Love you! ~Diana

Nini said...

You are precious and absolutely beautiful! Love the ultrasound pics! It is pretty amazing that there is a person living and growing in you! I forgot to mention...if you haven't already, go to babycenter.com and sign up. Each week you will get an email that tells you all about the babies growth, what is happening, etc. It is very fun!

You and Justin are going to be fantastic parents! Are you going to find out what you are having? and if so...are you telling?

So excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely, utterly precious! Can't wait to see baby Wiebe. -Heidi F