...the Wise, the Witty, and the Waste of your time...

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Whoa...!

Um...ya'll...we just bought a house.
I guess having a first child wasn't life changing enough for us!

Update February 18: Pictures of said house.

So this is the outside. The first thing to catch your eye will be the salmon/strawberry milk color of the outside. Yes. We don't like it either. We're thinking a brown or a tan....any suggestions?
The second thing you'll notice is that the front "yard" looks a bit more like rocks and shrubs. I'm thinking if the bushes end up nice this summer we could just find a more welcoming ground cover for this plot. Justin wants to rip it up and plant grass and trees but I can't imagine trying to mow around that little square. I suppose we'll just have to fight about it.



Here is the view from the backyard. This deck is mostly solid but may need some repairing in the next year or so. I never actually got to walk back here so I'm quite curious what all is back there. I think behind the lattice work there's storage for garden tools etc. but I'm not sure.

Again, this needs some not gray paint.



This is our back yard. It's fenced which is nice but we do lose quite a bit of the yard to that hill. I'm thinking eventually of some retaining walls and perhaps raised gardening....I dunno. I think the "thing" is a gazebo of some sort with a fire pit. I'm assuming it will stay with us as it looked fairly cemented into the dirt so...how about a July barbecue?


This is the livingroom. Quite a bit of space and very bright. See that dead head on the wall? Yeah I wrassl'd it down and killed it myself. Like it?


Here is where I will learn the art of "how to disguise beans as meat so that Justin will love them." Renovating is years down the road but the kitchen will probably be one of the first things. It's perfectly, wonderfully suitable and I am delighted to make it ours but eventually it may change a bit. It has no real dining-room as this extension off the bar serves as the table so I think we'd like to change it up a bit, perhaps knock down a small wall (you can just barely see it as a tan strip on the far right of the picture) to open it up a bit more to the livingroom. But anyway, look at all the cupboards and drawers! Yay! Everything will fit!


The "non-dining room" area.


This is the master bedroom. None of the (5) bedrooms are large and none have an en-suite but this one has two (TWO!!!) closets so it's the official master bedroom! I am SO excited about the two closets. Not because I mind sharing with Justin at all but the SPACE! Oh the luxurious space! Not to mention then I won't have to feel guilty that I'm taking up 3/4 of the closet!


As I mentioned it has 5 bedrooms which is just excessive but this one they were using as an office and I actually think it IS an office so I don't know why it was called a bedroom. It only has a very narrow closet and leads out to what we're calling the "smoking" balcony (note the first picture) so really, it's an office. However, it will quickly turn into BABY'S room!!!! This is simply because it is the only other room on the same floor as our own and I hardly feel comfortable sticking the baby in the basement alone. Like I'll hear it there!



THIS bedroom.....needs paint. Not loving the bluey-gold. This will actually be Justin's workroom and he cannot wait to get in there and make it just that! I'm excited for him to have a space to work in. It's hard to sand and saw and paint and laquer on the kitchen table and the couch! Here is where I'm sure he'll spend a great deal of his time and he and I are both so thankful for this extra space! There are two other rooms without pictures.

So there you have it....Wiebe-ville.
Oh dear...that is an UNpleasant title.

5 comments:

Krystal said...

Congratulations! It looks like a reall cute house for you guys! But please...tell me you're redecorating! :) Love you!

Jennifer said...

Pictures please, and a huge congratulations!

ya'll?? are you moving to Texas I didn't know about it lol

Anonymous said...

looks like you'll have fun. There is nothing like redecorating and landscaping.

We sometimes have issues in the landscaping as Ben thinks it's neccesary to walk around the yard every evening and expounding at lenght all the different options that we have............did I mention lengthy??
The kitchen looks great!! I love lots of light!!! 5 bedrooms?! Well you will have enough room to have a family reunion :)

Ruth Brenneman/Swartzdruber

Jennifer said...

Love the pictures, you will have to keep us all up on what is going on with landscaping etc. I too love the light in the living room and kitchen area, looks great.

Moriah said...

Your house looks so cute. It's so exciting to have a place that's all yours and you can do whatever you want to it. At least you aren't crazy like Joe and I. In our first year of marriage, we got married, got pregnant, bought and remodeled a house, ended up being homeless and living with Martha in her tiny trailer until a week before I had Eric!!!