...the Wise, the Witty, and the Waste of your time...

Thursday, July 19, 2007

For Mom and Diana

This post and these pictures are specifically for my family who's been wondering what our place looks like....I found a few pictures taken by Sally that I thought I'd post for you all.


Our front door complete with garbage can and giant ogopogo "bath toy." (Sally's) Luckily you can't really see the sick flowerbed border I have. Its retarded. The short border plants are much taller than the tall backround plants!



Our kitchen. Not too big but much bigger than our kitchen in Saskatoon. Much. I enjoy it. This picture doesn't really show you that its burgandy/cinnamon and black...all you see here are the brown cupboards. I've thought of repainting those and than realized....I wouldn't know what to paint them so no. No painting. I'm completely interior decoratingly handicapped.



And a not very good shot of the livingroom and myself. You can see our company was sleeping on the couch. I finally do like our livingroom though. Its a decent enough space but hard to fit into properly. I like the arrangement we currantly have though. It works.

4 comments:

J Matt Miller said...

Since this post specifically is for me I feel obligated to leave a comment. I like your small house. I miss living in a smaller space. We have room for way too much stuff. Kids take a lot of room. The moral of the story is that when you have kids you will need more room. ~Diana

Martha A. said...

Small houses are nice, they take much less time to clean and you have to get rid of stuff or it gets messy fast....our house is big compared to what we have lived in and i hear all the time how I need a bigger house. I think maybe a little larger room for the boys, but otherwise it is fine!

Stephanie and Brad said...

I agree with the small space thing. Wow is it so much easier. Plus, we only have a couple bags worth of stuff which also makes it so much easier. As you were wondering, the thing on our wall is a painting of a rose that has been cut up and kind of dispersed on the wall. It's not really that great of painting but because it's been cut up, it kind of looks that much better. It's cheap art that came with the place. I hope that your garden and fruit tree are treating you well! Wish we could be around to enjoy (and mooch them off) them with you. Miss you guys.

Martha A. said...

I was just reading your profile, it sounds strange to think of you trying to immigrate to Canada. We thought about doing that before....