...the Wise, the Witty, and the Waste of your time...

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Let the Ladies Breathe!

Have you noticed- this would be strictly a question to the women out there- that on a hot day when you feel like shedding your clothes, the article that is most restricting, uncomfortable and claustrophobic is the $50 brassiere!? I mean, its not a large article of clothing - at least mine aren't - but somehow it creates a sauna of its own and raises my body temperature at least 10 degrees! I HATE wearing them in the summer. I DO wear them, but I hate it. And whenever I can, I wear a bathing suit top because its more comfy. Far less restricting.
Oooooo....wait a minute....I just figured it out. Padding. Its the padding. Its not so much the size of the bra as it is the thickness of it. Kind of like wearing a small lifepreserver wherever you go. Again, this is the ones you'll find in MY closet.
Well, now that I've figured out why they're so darned uncomfortable I'll be less whiny about it. I mean come on, think of the alternative! I've been mistaken for a boy once and that was pretty much enough for me!
It doesn't change the fact that every summer when the really hot weather hits, which I LOVE, a small part of me wishes to join the notorious Ruche Lake Colony in Montana. For the Montanans who read this, you'll know what I mean. For the rest of you....they were the local "mountain nudists" where I grew up. Very tan people. And hey, I'll bet they were more comfortable.

2 comments:

J Matt Miller said...

Thankfully, the weather cooled off today but for the three days previous, I considered everything from nudist colonies to filling the bathtub with water and ice cubes and ignoring the kids all day long. Nothing is as hot as being 8 1/2 months pregnant in a heatwave. And, yes, bras are one of the hottest items of clothing... ~Diana

Martha A. said...

Honestly, when it is this hot you do start to think about thoughts of really not caring what you look like as long as you are cool!

I found out that the pretty bras with underwire and padding are to be totally avoided, but with a thin shirt a lightweught bra shows other things...... hey, take your pick! Like I said, you start to not care too much!
Hmm, a nudist colony would be interesting......= )