...the Wise, the Witty, and the Waste of your time...

Monday, September 3, 2007

If a Picture is Worth a Thousand Words...

....Then a Thousand pictures should make up for a summer of no updates!


We went to Saskatoon and have almost no pictures of this event on our camera. This is Mr Wiebe Senior with the antique tractor he got running again. Note the smoke, it got so bad it nearly hid the tractor. Needs a little more work maybe!


Our one and only shot of us in Saskatchewan. You'll note both of us LEFT SK with new hair.


After we left SK we went to Radium and enjoyed the natural hot springs. I enjoy posting pictures of me in a swimsuit as naturally, its my best look.


My artistic shot of Justin at the hot springs. If it doesn't look artistic to you, maybe you don't have the eye for it...sorry.


We stayed in a...um...thrifty motel and had no food so we went to the "RobbingYouBlind" local grocer and bought food...but no spoons. What you see fashioned there is from a pocket knife and a gas station coffee cup.


We even had a big one for Justin's mouth and little one for mine!


Yeah, that motel room wasn't bigger than it looks...


And the next morning when we left, set for Summerland BC....THIS happened. You can see I was very sad.


"Beats me? Fuel injector? Spark plug? Carberator? Distributor Assembly? Timing Belt?" We're really not car people. We got a 70 km tow, an all afternoon fixin' (timing belt) and were back on the road by dusk...and still not home. Oh well, another motel room, another night, and no photos of that one. But finally, two days after we started out, we made it back to home sweet home!


This is what we came home to!! It was like Thanksgiving. This and dead corn, thanks a lot racoons.


Possibly an overgrown zuchinni.


Hey these could double as weights! Whoa, look at those biceps!


No worries, I have just the pan for that! I know, lets have Zuchinni for dinner!


The next week two of my sisters came to visit. Lots of fun, way too short. But aren't they cute.


And an extra one with Krystal because she's off to Nashville and who knows how often we'll have posing chances now!

...annnd then a couple shots of myself. I just feel I'm not in enough of the photos on my blog so I'm taking care of that!

Oooh...playful pose.

And pensive....or possibly stoned.


The next week was off to Montana for a wedding and some quick family time. Lucky for us we rolled in on the annual Bull Thing (thats what its really called) weekend!


How excited were we!? (Would have been a fun picture but the person sitting in front of us, we didn't know her, thought it would be funny to put her finger in front of the camera. Kinda ruined the picture but you can catch the power of our excitement anyway!)


How excited were we all! Look at this happy crew!


The fun loving family. This really captures them. Nathan is snarling, Whitney is posing, and Kaitlynn couldn't care less.

Ahhh...one of the cutest babies around. We couldn't get a good picture together because she bobs so much!


And the wedding...Justin had a reading part in it! We felt very honored to be there as it was a small intimate affair and absolutely gorgeous!! Congratulations Jason and Angelia.


We flirted while waiting for the reception to begin.


And took some photos!


Then we were scared at the reception because the only living soul we knew was the groom and he was sorta busy.

And finally, this past weekend we got to be home. We hiked up Giants Head at night and took some pictures. This WOULD have been a great one if someone hadn't blinked. But the nighttime flash is so bright!


At least my eyes are open in this one!


Had a little bit of trouble with a peeping Thelma but we dealt with her.



We harvested our potatoes and pulled a lot of weeds and now dead plants. Tried to prepare the garden a little for winter. Had some dancing lessons with the shovel. Went quite well.


And after all that, we feel like this. And we're ready to stay home for a while.

I hope you all feel a little caught up with the Wiebe junior's summer. Here's to hoping the updates will continue!
Ps, i might have figured out our computer/camera problem. I'll keep you posted.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Carolyn...you managed to cover a lot in this post! Nice work! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever..tomorrow night a the ball game I hope!

Jennifer said...

I love it, that is pretty much all I can say *huge grin*. Great pictures awesome story and wonderful humor. Maybe someday I will actually get to see you again : )

And wow what the heck did you feed that zuccini???

J Matt Miller said...

I liked all the pictures. I am glad you guys are so happy. I told the girls that you guys were coming for a visit so the drama has started. "What if Justin is bald?" Giggle, giggle.. "Justin has an earing" More giggles... "I am going to run and hide when Justin comes" Giggling...
This should make Justin feel special. This is their way of expressing huge excitement and affection. You can be happy that you have Justin to bring with you. It makes you very popular as well... :-0 ~Diana

Anonymous said...

What a fun summer! I love your posts, Caroline. You funnay.

Martha A. said...

Hey, i am probably as good as a dancer as you, if I have the shovel as a partner! You have the best sense of humor!
Wow, big zucchuni! Have you made zucchini soup before? It is really good, tastes kind of like broccoli soup, but it really easy as well! I like to do that with big zucchinis!

Anonymous said...

Watch out for that peeping Thelma...she is one scary looking lady! And the zuchinni you sent Diana was ginormous as well..I think she still has some frozen b/c we couldn't figure out what to do with it all!
p.s. Has Debi threatened to murder you for putting those pics up? :)
Love you my crazy, wacko sister
~Krystal

Martha A. said...

Well, next time try to pick them when they are small! = ) That is all I can say!
I used to freeze the zucchini soup in small serving size things and eat them for lunch later in the winter. My cousin likes to put it in Taco soup too.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I spelled your name wrong.
I suck. :)

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.