...the Wise, the Witty, and the Waste of your time...

Saturday, November 17, 2007

The man that I love...

...is sometimes a little crazy.
Justin does not love jogging. Especially in the winter! When I plead enough he accompanies me and of course, always runs circles around me. It doesn't matter that I jog 5 times as much as he does, he's a machine. But because he doesn't jog that often, the times that he DOES go he tries to get in several weeks of cardio workout in 30 minutes. So while I choose the usual route and set the usual pace, he's looking for hill, sprinting back and forth, running backwards, jumping, and, this past Saturday, packing rocks. Boulders actually.
See, I told you...a machine.
Not to be outdone, I picked up my own endurance training object from the nature around us...


I'm a much lazier machine, but let me tell you, I carried it proudly!


Oooo...feel the attitude.


Heavy? This? Pfffft....I could carry this with my little finger!

Actually, folks, I did run with the rock, twice. No, truthfully, I waddled with it...for 30 seconds at a time- but I was proud and Justin was proud and my arms hurt real bad so it counts!

Two days after this display of manly madness, our area was hit with a severe windstorm. Trees came crashing down all over, some on homes, houses lost roofs, street lamps came down, anything that wasn't bolted was literally blown away. While most cowered inside and stressed about the damage, my husband ecstatically jumped straight out of bed and bolted out the door! He was joined a few other crazies and off they went for a surf. Nevermind that the wind was 60-70 mph and it was raining and it was about 9 degrees outside, he was SURFING!!

I don't know...I don't think he's tame-able. But then.... I don't think I want to. Plus he offsets the craziness with some major wife spoiling. Like last Sunday, I woke up to find a hot latte, eggs, and toast on a tray, in bed. Awww...

3 comments:

Martha A. said...

My husband ran out into a severe lightening storm once to "watch the lightening" I was convinced I would be a young widow!

You look good with your "object"!

Christy and Dustin said...

Breakfast in bed! I don't even remember the last time. I think it was a mothers day and the kids ended up in bed with me and ate all the food. And of course I had to clean it up.
Running with rocks you say....
I think I'll pass.

Angela said...

That's awesome! Very impressive with your twig(?)! And breakfast in bed...how wonderful!

When are you coming to Vancouver again??? When do I get to see you again?